Posting an app inventor app to a Google Sites page
If you generate a QR code directly from App Inventor, it will be restricted so that only you can install it on your phone. If you want to get a QR code that can be scanned for install by any Android phone, do the following:
- Download apk to computer (in Designer, Package for Phone | Download to computer)
- Download source code (zip) to computer (in My Projects page, check app and choose More Actions | Download Source)
- Create portfolio page for app (In Google Sites, create page)
- Attach apk and zip files to page
- Get URLs to these files by right-clicking attachment (View) and choosing Copy Link Location)
- Create QR code with embedded URL of apk file(one QR generator is at kaywa: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/).
- Add QR code to portfolio page.